Monday, March 9, 2009

some crappy lightning pics 3/6/09

I've decided to post 4 lightning pics that I took from last Friday night. Sarah and I were at home just watching TV, when I started to hear quite a bit of thunder a little after 11 that night. Out our back door off the deck I have a pretty good, unblocked view of the sky for quite a ways south and southeast of our house. I'm still learning to take lightning pics so its always a crapshoot on how they will turn out. Last summer when I posted some lightning pics, I basically took those by continuously taking pics until I caught a bolt. I've learned that sarah's camera has the ability to keep the shutter open for up to 15 secs which allows you to take a very long pic, thus being able to catch a bolt! Well I still didn't use it correctly this time, but next time I will and hopefully will catch some amazing shots. btw this was pretty early to have tstorms here in omaha, in fact there was also some reports of pea sized hail around town. That's not that unusual this time of year if you do get tstorms bc the atmosphere is still so much colder right now than it would be during the summer. Oh yeah, only about 2 more months til storm chasing season again!!


some sheet lightning north of our house


the end of a stroke of lightning


my favorite pic, you can see little bolts all over the sky


the end of another bolt again out the back of our house

No comments: